hear my original music @ www.PianoDaveUSA.com


Today's Listenworthy

  • Handclaps - Vincent Van Go Go (POP)
  • What Love Is - Erin Boheme (Jazz)
  • Throw It All Away - Zero 7 (Electronic)
  • King of the World - Steely Dan (Classic Rock/Jazz)
  • Wishing - Electric Light Orchestra (Classic Rock)

7.7.08

Building a Custom PRS Guitar


My father and brother are both rock-driven, guitar-crazy, demi-god super-stars (that's as many hyphenated adjectives I could think of in the 10 seconds I allowed myself to write that sentence).
Now, all men have a "MAN" gene that gives them random urges to cut down trees, build fences and re-floor the livingroom, but an interesting thing has happened to my father and brother. This "MAN" gene has collided with their musical-artistic side...
And so, instead of building a shed to hold power tools in the backyard - they have started to build a guitar. Not just any... but a Paul Reed Smith style guitar. That rocks.

I have always wanted to be a guitar player - and this just proves, once again, that in the battle of 88-keys versus 6-strings,.. the strings win.
I can't just go buy some wood and start building a Piano. I'll have to satisfy my own "MAN" gene urges with hammering nails into walls and stuff...

Song Du Post: The Otherside - Stefano Di Battista