hear my original music @ www.PianoDaveUSA.com


Today's Listenworthy

  • Handclaps - Vincent Van Go Go (POP)
  • What Love Is - Erin Boheme (Jazz)
  • Throw It All Away - Zero 7 (Electronic)
  • King of the World - Steely Dan (Classic Rock/Jazz)
  • Wishing - Electric Light Orchestra (Classic Rock)

2.7.08

Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll


I'm working as a professional musician for the summer - which is a hard thing. Most musicians don't live the stereotypical life of Sex, Drugs and Rock and Roll, but we all get a little glimpse now and then - just enough to keep us going - enough to keep us thinking, "maybe I can make it."

Really, being a musician means a lot of driving, and lifting heavy equipment. For any given job, I might spend more time packing up my car, getting there, setting up, breaking down and going home, than I do actually playing my instrument.


With that in mind, there is a lot of down-time involved with being a musician, and during my drive to Newport, New York or the boat to Nantucket - I'll use this blog to talk about what's on my mind!


...it's sort of a more socially acceptable way to talk to yourself ;-)